Every first Monday, January through October, at The Midnight Rooster in Hartsville, SC, 15 songwriters perform their original songs. One songwriter walks away with a cash prize and a spot in the 2014 Artsville Songwriting Competition (ASC 2014), Saturday, November 8.
Check out highlights from ASC 2013:
By signing up you are agreeing that you have reviewed the official Artsville Open Mic Guidelines. Don't forget to read them carefully!
- Guest hosts and judges each month
- $5 entry fee (bigger monthly cash prizes)
- $1,000 grand prize for ASC 2014
- Open Mic is every 1st Monday night at The Midnight Rooster, located at 136 E Carolina Avenue in Hartsville, SC.
- 15 acts play 2 songs apiece, 3 finalists play one more song, 1 winner walks away with a cash prize and a spot in The Artsville Songwriting Competition — Saturday, November 8.
- Overly loud audience members, including performers, will be asked to move.
- Recording is allowed with the permission of the artist.
- All performers must perform their original songs (lyrics and music) only.
- Songwriters are judged on five criteria: songwriting (most important), vocal performance, instrumental performance, stage presence, and audience response.
- Sign-up is $5 per act. By submitting payment you agree that you have read these guidelines.
- There are two ways to sign up: online (preferred) or directly after an Artsville Open Mic event. No walk-ups. Sorry, no exceptions. Signup is first come, first served.
- You may not be signed up for more than one month at a time.
- You must physically check in at least 30 minutes before your set time.
- First act starts promptly at 7:00PM.
- Maximum # of performers on stage: 3.
- Each act gets 2 songs vs. 10 minutes, whichever comes first.
- No backing tracks, amps, effects pedals, loopers, etc.
- No drums, except handheld percussion.
- We will provide microphones, direct inputs for instruments, one tuner, and 1/4” cables to plug in. Please bring your own guitars/keyboards/etc.
- Please be tuned and ready to go when we call your name.
- Please tune outside of the music room.
- Please respect your fellow songwriters and do not talk during their performances.
- Please try to keep it family friendly.