The Artsville Songwriting Competition (ASC) is a unique, year-long songwriting challenge in Hartsville, SC, consisting of 10 monthly open-mic-style events culminating in one annual single elimination tournament every November with a grand prize of $1,000!
Tickets are available now for The 2015 ASC Finals--Saturday, November 7 at Coker College in Hartsville--at the link below:
Read the Official Guidelines. Complete the Artist Info Form. Pay the $5 entry fee.
- ASC is a year-long songwriting competition consisting of 10 monthly events every first Friday night (unless scheduled otherwise), January through October, at Crema Coffee Bar, located at 136 W Carolina Avenue in beautiful downtown Hartsville, SC and the annual ASC Finals in November.
- 15 acts play 2 songs apiece, 3 finalists play one more song, 1 winner walks away with a cash prize and a spot in The ASC Finals — Saturday, November 7 at Davidson Hall in Hartsville.
- The show begins at 7:00 p.m. and lasts until each artist has performed, including the three finalists.
- This is a listening room event. Thank you for not talking during the performances.
- Audio or video recording is allowed with the permission of the artist.
- THE ONLY WAY TO SIGN UP FOR ASC IS RIGHT HERE AT WELCOMETOARTSVILLE.COM. Sorry, no walk-ups, no exceptions. Signup is first come, first served.
- All performers must perform their original songs (lyrics and music) only.
- Songwriters are judged on five criteria: songwriting (most important), vocal performance, instrumental performance, stage presence, and audience response.
- The entry fee is $5 per act. By submitting payment you agree that you have read these guidelines.
- You may not be signed up for more than one month at a time.
- You must physically check in at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled performance time.
- First act starts promptly at 7:00PM, unless otherwise notified.
- Maximum # of performers on stage per act: 3.
- Each act gets 2 songs vs. 10 minutes, whichever comes first.
- No backing tracks, amps, effects pedals, loopers, etc.
- No drums, except handheld percussion.
- We will provide microphones, direct inputs for instruments, and 1/4” cables to plug in. Please bring your own guitars/keyboards/tuners/etc.
- Please be tuned and ready to go when we call your name.
- Please tune outside of the performance area.
- Please respect your fellow songwriters and do not talk during their performances.
- Please try to keep it family friendly.
- Still have questions? Email us through our Contact Page.
Complete the Artist Info Form
ASC Monthly submissions are closed for 2015. Click here to purchase tickets for the ASC Finals.
The 2015 ASC Finalists:
- Jenn Byrd - Hartsville
- Jon Moree - Hartsville
- Kerri Miller - Hartsville
- Andrew Mullin - Lexington, SC
- Michael Sessoms - Nashville, TN
- Eli Raybon - Laurinburg, NC
- Amelia Little - Hartsville
- Brian Hoepker - Charleston, SC
- Shane Nesbitt - Hartsville
- Lauren Vaughn - Lexington, SC
- Hardworker - Durham, NC
- Haley Shaw - Charleston, SC
- Jordan Gray - Columbia, SC
- Ian Calk - Atlanta, GA
- Brian Roessler - Conway, SC
- Keegan Johnson - Florence, SC