“…one of Toronto’s best live roots-rock outfits.” ~ Torontoist
“…unerringly classy country-rock.” ~ Toronto Life
“…a full-blooded sound, at times reminiscent of The Band…their album is highly recommended”
~ Kerry Doole, Tandem Magazine
Simon & Garfunkel meets Johnny and June; this duo is the driving force behind the critically acclaimed Toronto folk-rock band The Young Novelists. Known for their deft songwriting and gorgeous harmonies, they have toured across Canada and the northeast States as a duo and with their band, in support of their latest album “in the year you were born”. Winners of the Galaxie Rising Star Award in 2010, and twice runner-up for the Colleen Peterson Songwriting Award (2013 and 2014), their first EP was hailed as “a work of unpretentious brilliance” by Exclaim! Magazine. They have since released two albums to further critical acclaim and have shared the stage with such acts as the Lowest of the Low, Cuff the Duke, Craig Cardiff, and the Wilderness of Manitoba and made numerous festival appearances including the Mariposa Folk Festival and the Halifax Urban Folk Festival. Relying on their shared passion for storytelling, the husband and wife duo sing songs about small towns, redemption, love, and loss. Their upcoming album, produced by Carlin Nicholson (Jason Collett, Zeus, The Golden Dogs) will be released in Spring 2015.
For more, visit theyoungnovelists.com
Saturday, April 11, 2015
Artsville House Concerts SC presents The Young Novelists
(You get the secret address when you buy a ticket. Seating is limited.)
Tickets are $15. Doors at 7:30pm. Music at 8:00pm.
For those who are newbies, here's the way it works:
- You check out our artists, realize they're really cool, and you want to come to the show.
- You click the Paypal link (no Paypal account necessary) and select the number or seats you'd like.
- Don't forget to click "Click here for the secret address" after you pay!
- You receive a receipt from Paypal.
- You'll receive a reminder email about a week out from the show.
- You come to the concert and have the time of your life.